Claiborne Home Health
In today’s world, we are fortunate that services such as Claiborne Home Health can bring the type of medical care that is needed and prescribed by the patient’s physician, directly to the home. Home Health can make a tremendous difference to the comfort of the patient and the convenience of the family or caregivers. Claiborne Home Health is part of the Claiborne Memorial Medical Center’s family of care and is licensed by the State of Louisiana.
About Home Health
The purpose of Home Health is to provide professional and paraprofessional health care in the home setting for patients who do not require care or hospitalization on a 24-hour a day basis. The patient’s physician must prescribe Home Health services and certify that the patient is homebound, needs skilled care, and that the services are medically necessary. Claiborne Home Health serves the Claiborne Parish area and works to admit and treat all patients without regard to race, nationality, physical disabilities, handicap, religion, age or gender. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. On call nurses can be contacted after hours and on weekends by calling Claiborne Home Health at 318-927-9119 and leaving a message. The nurse will return your call shortly.
Claiborne Home Health accepts Medicare, Medicaid, most major medical insurances and private pay. We are happy to discuss your specific coverage and if Home Health is a covered benefit.
Claiborne Home Health provides a range of important services that help patients receive the care they need in their home. Those services include:
- Professional Nursing Care: A Registered Nurse carries out your doctor’s Plan of Treatment. The nurse examines the patient and reports progress to the physician, instructs the patient and family regarding care and diet, carries out nursing procedures and treatment including home IV therapy and specialized wound care.
- Home Health Aide: The Home Health Aide will help you with your bath, personal grooming, walking and exercises. These services are ordered by a doctor and are conducted under the supervision of nurses.
- Therapy Services: Licensed Physical and Occupational Therapists are available for Home Health visits when necessary. The number of visits and type of therapy are ordered by your physician. Medicare and some insurances cover these services.
- Medical Supplies: Medical supplies are furnished for Medicaid, Medicare and insurance patients. Some specific supplies are not covered under these programs. Medical supplies do not include drugs. Medical supplies must be prescribed by the physician as medically necessary.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Durable Medical Equipment may be rented from a local DME company of your choice. The required equipment is delivered and serviced by the rental company. Equipment must be prescribed by the physician as medically necessary.